Inklings Designs

Life in the South:

The adventures of three sisters: Gracie Hope, Faith and other things to make you smile.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Stop at the Farmer's Market on a Summers Day


There is nothing like going by the local Farmer's Market on a summer morning. It brings back memories of being barefoot in the garden, planting, weeding and harvesting. Of course you have to sample the freshly picked bounty on the spot to fully enjoy the freshness while it is still warm from the sun. 

The first thing I notice when I arrive is all the beautiful colors. Then the wonderful aroma hits my nose and I can hardly take it all in. I walk around with my basket wanting a sampling of everything but knowing I need to choose only a few items. I go to the honey shelf and grab a large jar of local honey. Did you know that eating local honey helps with allergies? I use honey almost everyday. 

It has been very dry in this part of Florida so I was surprised to see how well the shelves were stocked. I carefully selected my veggies, took one last sniff and went home to do some cooking.













Does that bring back any memories to anyone else? Just makes your mouth water doesn't it?

1 comment:

Calypso In The Country said...

I love the smell of fresh produce - especially home grown tomatoes. They remind me of my grandfather's garden when I was little!
Thanks for stopping by recently!
-Shelley