Inklings Designs

Life in the South:

The adventures of three sisters: Gracie Hope, Faith and other things to make you smile.

Monday, May 5, 2008

I Love Gardening Shows


I went to a plant sale put on by our local Master Gardeners this weekend. Wow!!! Great plants for this region at a great price!! I went wild. They even had birds there...Owls. I was in heaven. Everyone was full of information and eager to answer any of your questions. Since I have only lived down here for a short time I had a lot of them. One of the vendors had a book called "Simply Southern" a garden guide for the coastal south. It is written by The Escambia County Master Gardeners and is a full color booklet just full of gorgeous pictures of plants and butterflies. It goes month by month and tells you what to plant, what will be blooming, when to prune, what butterflies you will see in that month, etc, etc, etc. What a find. Now I can learn what will live in the hot and humid days of the Florida summer. I went straight home and started planting. It was a glorious day!!!

No comments: