Inklings Designs

Life in the South:

The adventures of three sisters: Gracie Hope, Faith and other things to make you smile.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day at Bellingrath Gardens




















































It is hard to top Mrs. Richard's Garden but we tried. After a nice lunch Mom and I headed for Bellingrath Gardens in Mobile, AL. My first trip to the gardens was in 1958. I think that is when I realized what a love I have for nature. My Grandmother was with us and my dad bought her one of their picture books with the house and gardens in all it's glory. On the inside of that book my Grandmother wrote " Presented to me by Robert at Bellingrath Gardens July 17, 1958. The beauty of it all was breathtaking. I felt that God was surely there in this beautiful place. His presence seems so close." I feel the same way every time I enter something so magnificent as one of God's gardens! You can get more information on the gardens on line. They have a wonderful Christmas light show during the season. I go every year!

3 comments:

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Oh Inka,
Those gardens are so lush and breathtaking. Thanks for sharing them. Sometimes we are a little starved for beautiful gardens out here in the desert west.
Theresa @ Cottage Violets

Susie said...

Inka, The gardens are so beautiful. I love having days like that. Thank you for sharing such a lovely show and tell.
Susie ~The Polka Dot Rose~

Deb said...

Hi Inka.....what beautiful flowers and what a lovely way to spend Mother's Day!

XO,
Debbie